Anwar Ibrahim’s RM3 Billion Fund and Master Accounts Final Chapter October 11, 2009Posted by malaysianstory in A New Chapter, Anwar Ibrahim, Malaysian Story, Pakatan Rakyat.
Tags: Anwar Ibrahim, Malaysian Story, RM3 Billion Fund
… continue from Anwar’s RM3 Billion Funds and Master Account Part 3.
15. 1 stronglv believe that wrong information has been given to the authorities implicating me with Ben Harta Sdn Bhd. I point my finger at Tong Kooi Ong and the two shareholders of Ben Harta. They have implicated me to save their own skin.
16. Apart from the properties held under Ben Harta Sdn Bhd. I also know that a few. properties have been bought for investment and the Master Account and for Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim’s future personal use. These properties located around Kuala Lumpur are valued at about RM I 5 million.
17. As regards the damaging policies adopted by BNM following the economic recession in July 1997, 1 must categorically, state that I was opposed strongly to these policies. I opposed the “Legal Lending Limit”, the reduction of NPLs (non-performing loans) from 6 months to 3months, the “Credit Crunch” introduced in October 1997 and the Higher Rate of Interest. These were all policies endorsed and adopted by Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim. A few concerned BNM officers/executives and I tried to halt these Policies from being implemented. Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim even censured me for speaking out against these policies. He accused me of being “too close to the market”. I now realise that these harsh measures –were Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim’s political plan to crush the economy and bring Malaysia to its knees in order to invite in the international Monetary Fund (IW) to enable Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim to force Dr Mahathir to resign and take over the Prime Minister’s position.
18. Following my arrest and my subsequent resgination as Executive Director of RHB Bank Berhad I have thought over my involvement with Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim and have come to realise that what I have done, though as I said earlier was forced upon me as one of the Executives in BNM, is indeed very regrettable. I now realise that I have been exploited and made use of by Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim to hold assets for his political and personal use and benefit. These assets including those held under Ben Harta, do not belong to me. As such, it is up to the government to take the necessary legal action in respect of their disposal, including forfeiture if permissible.
19. 1 now call upon all peace loving and loyal citizens of Malaysia to Reject all the political manoeuvres by Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim and his supporters and instead support all the economic and fiscal efforts to bring back the economic well being of the country. I am ever ready and willing to go public to denounce the improprieties and machinations of Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim in furtherance of his political ambitions that are indeeddetrimental to national peace, security and political stability.
ln conclusion. I state in unequivocal terms that this Press Conference/Release made by way of Statutory Declaration was made by me voluntarily, without any inducement, threat or promise or coercion from any quarter, nor in return for any favours or special treatment in Connection with the charge that I am now facing AND I make this solemn declaration conscientiously, believing the same to be true and by virtue of the Statutory Declaration Act, 1960.
Signed by the above named
DATO’ ABDUL MURAD BIN KHALID at Kuala Lumpur, the day of 26 Oct 1999.